Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 59 ways to live a longer life
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'