Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- When are you supposed to tip?
- 10 dream homes for hermits: Hidden havens
- The diet Whoopi Goldberg embraced to lose 35 pounds
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Avocado and Chickpea Salad Sandwiches: Vegan Recipe
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- What is mindfulness?
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Recipe: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich