Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 ways to get 10 minutes of exercise
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Conceptual photographer pays homage to the mysterious work of Costica Acsinte
- 15 things you're doing wrong in the kitchen
- What your sleep position says about you
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'