Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
Tammy's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Pangolins may be eaten to extinction
- Take a classic road trip on America's longest highway
- 10 natural remedies using honey
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- Older than your grandma - Animals with the longest life spans
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 photos that prove tigers have a softer side
- 7 rainy day games to play with your dog