Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
Tammy's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Bread: Vegan Recipe
- 7 rainy day games to play with your dog
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 42 photos of cats yawning
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- Everything you need to know about cast iron cookware
- 6 books every dog owner should read