Tyler is a junior in high school who is pursuing courses in chemistry, physics and environmental science. Future plans include a college degree in environmental engineering or a related field. Tyler has taken an active role in government-run and private green institutions. He is the intern in his local Environmental Advisory Council, which works with the local government to make smart decisions on land usage, waste management and public education. He is a regular volunteer during raptor migration at Hawk Mountain (www.hawkmountain.org/), which has been holding yearly raptor counts since 1934. He has also participated in a variety of stream bank recovery projects with the Fish & Game Service and his local Pool Wildlife Sanctuary (www.wildlandspa.org/education/pool.html). Tyler loves playing the harmonica and visiting our amazing national parks.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Miracle Dogs' celebrates rescue dogs and their owners
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- How to transform your sleep with the sun
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- What is salt block cooking?
- 5 reasons soup should be on your fall menu