Tyler is a junior in high school who is pursuing courses in chemistry, physics and environmental science. Future plans include a college degree in environmental engineering or a related field. Tyler has taken an active role in government-run and private green institutions. He is the intern in his local Environmental Advisory Council, which works with the local government to make smart decisions on land usage, waste management and public education. He is a regular volunteer during raptor migration at Hawk Mountain (www.hawkmountain.org/), which has been holding yearly raptor counts since 1934. He has also participated in a variety of stream bank recovery projects with the Fish & Game Service and his local Pool Wildlife Sanctuary (www.wildlandspa.org/education/pool.html). Tyler loves playing the harmonica and visiting our amazing national parks.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Living cheap is the new green
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- What is mindfulness?
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- How to spot a narcissist
- Cryonics: Would you have your body frozen?