Tyler is a junior in high school who is pursuing courses in chemistry, physics and environmental science. Future plans include a college degree in environmental engineering or a related field. Tyler has taken an active role in government-run and private green institutions. He is the intern in his local Environmental Advisory Council, which works with the local government to make smart decisions on land usage, waste management and public education. He is a regular volunteer during raptor migration at Hawk Mountain (www.hawkmountain.org/), which has been holding yearly raptor counts since 1934. He has also participated in a variety of stream bank recovery projects with the Fish & Game Service and his local Pool Wildlife Sanctuary (www.wildlandspa.org/education/pool.html). Tyler loves playing the harmonica and visiting our amazing national parks.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guns really do change the way you think
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- 6 haunting songs sung by whales
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Alpine cable car is converted into high altitude Airbnb listing
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs