Tyler is a junior in high school who is pursuing courses in chemistry, physics and environmental science. Future plans include a college degree in environmental engineering or a related field. Tyler has taken an active role in government-run and private green institutions. He is the intern in his local Environmental Advisory Council, which works with the local government to make smart decisions on land usage, waste management and public education. He is a regular volunteer during raptor migration at Hawk Mountain (www.hawkmountain.org/), which has been holding yearly raptor counts since 1934. He has also participated in a variety of stream bank recovery projects with the Fish & Game Service and his local Pool Wildlife Sanctuary (www.wildlandspa.org/education/pool.html). Tyler loves playing the harmonica and visiting our amazing national parks.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- How to master the art of flower photography
- How to make overnight oats
- 17 photos of dogs enjoying a windy day
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?