Tyler is a junior in high school who is pursuing courses in chemistry, physics and environmental science. Future plans include a college degree in environmental engineering or a related field. Tyler has taken an active role in government-run and private green institutions. He is the intern in his local Environmental Advisory Council, which works with the local government to make smart decisions on land usage, waste management and public education. He is a regular volunteer during raptor migration at Hawk Mountain (www.hawkmountain.org/), which has been holding yearly raptor counts since 1934. He has also participated in a variety of stream bank recovery projects with the Fish & Game Service and his local Pool Wildlife Sanctuary (www.wildlandspa.org/education/pool.html). Tyler loves playing the harmonica and visiting our amazing national parks.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What's the deal with cats and windows?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- Celestial sights to check out in the October sky, including a lunar eclipse
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- Fireflies and polar bears prime the pump for Nat Geo's annual photo contest
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 5 apps to teach kids about nature and sustainability