Tyler is a junior in high school who is pursuing courses in chemistry, physics and environmental science. Future plans include a college degree in environmental engineering or a related field. Tyler has taken an active role in government-run and private green institutions. He is the intern in his local Environmental Advisory Council, which works with the local government to make smart decisions on land usage, waste management and public education. He is a regular volunteer during raptor migration at Hawk Mountain (www.hawkmountain.org/), which has been holding yearly raptor counts since 1934. He has also participated in a variety of stream bank recovery projects with the Fish & Game Service and his local Pool Wildlife Sanctuary (www.wildlandspa.org/education/pool.html). Tyler loves playing the harmonica and visiting our amazing national parks.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Do solar panels use more energy than they generate?
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Madagascar's panther chameleon is really 11 separate species
- Egg-shaped hideaway gives whole new meaning to 'escape pod'
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 7 fictional languages from literature and film that you can learn
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate