Tyler is a junior in high school who is pursuing courses in chemistry, physics and environmental science. Future plans include a college degree in environmental engineering or a related field. Tyler has taken an active role in government-run and private green institutions. He is the intern in his local Environmental Advisory Council, which works with the local government to make smart decisions on land usage, waste management and public education. He is a regular volunteer during raptor migration at Hawk Mountain (www.hawkmountain.org/), which has been holding yearly raptor counts since 1934. He has also participated in a variety of stream bank recovery projects with the Fish & Game Service and his local Pool Wildlife Sanctuary (www.wildlandspa.org/education/pool.html). Tyler loves playing the harmonica and visiting our amazing national parks.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Shelter dogs find love matches on Tinder
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- How the planets got their names
- 20 Minute DIY jobs that will spruce up your house in no time
- Homemade driveway deicers: We tested it