Im a concervativ e environmentalist, with a keen intrest in green innovations, but an abhorrance of eco-fundamentalism.
I oppose closing Irelands bogs - inthese times of economic hardship we need them to keep us going as they did in WWII. Also, it makes us more oil dependant, which is trading one fossil fuel for another. But we forget, makes us dependant on a fossil fuel that can be TAXED!!!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Guns really do change the way you think
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- Small fridges make good cities, healthier people
- 6 haunting songs sung by whales
- Why reading fiction makes you a better person