Im a concervativ e environmentalist, with a keen intrest in green innovations, but an abhorrance of eco-fundamentalism.
I oppose closing Irelands bogs - inthese times of economic hardship we need them to keep us going as they did in WWII. Also, it makes us more oil dependant, which is trading one fossil fuel for another. But we forget, makes us dependant on a fossil fuel that can be TAXED!!!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Mother's photos glorify a mermaid's adventures
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth