Theresa is a naturalist, biologist and freelance writer presently living in coastal Juneau, Alaska. She earned her BS in biology from the University of San Francisco. Upon graduation she sprinted to Alaska and has since worked as an observer on a crab boat, leads nature and whale trips in the region, and travels whenever she gets the chance. An avid conservationist, Theresa yearns to fill the gap between scientists and the general public, sharing her love for the natural world with people that don't get to experience it frequently. Theresa is presently taking a marine mammalogy class, keeping up with local environmental issues and becoming a serial yogi.
Theresa's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Puppy-sized spider surprises and scares scientist
- Your birth season may explain your mood
- What to pack for a hike: 10 essential items
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid