Theresa is a naturalist, biologist and freelance writer presently living in coastal Juneau, Alaska. She earned her BS in biology from the University of San Francisco. Upon graduation she sprinted to Alaska and has since worked as an observer on a crab boat, leads nature and whale trips in the region, and travels whenever she gets the chance. An avid conservationist, Theresa yearns to fill the gap between scientists and the general public, sharing her love for the natural world with people that don't get to experience it frequently. Theresa is presently taking a marine mammalogy class, keeping up with local environmental issues and becoming a serial yogi.
Theresa's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to hike with your cat
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Infographic: What's your state good at?
- What is freezing fog?