Theresa is a naturalist, biologist and freelance writer presently living in coastal Juneau, Alaska. She earned her BS in biology from the University of San Francisco. Upon graduation she sprinted to Alaska and has since worked as an observer on a crab boat, leads nature and whale trips in the region, and travels whenever she gets the chance. An avid conservationist, Theresa yearns to fill the gap between scientists and the general public, sharing her love for the natural world with people that don't get to experience it frequently. Theresa is presently taking a marine mammalogy class, keeping up with local environmental issues and becoming a serial yogi.
Theresa's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How often should you wash your towels?
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life