Trevor Van Voorthuijsen
Trevor is a high school junior and is currently dual-enrolled at Central Florida Community College. Active in his community, Trevor participates in coastal clean-ups, Brazilian pepper and "air potato" pulls, and has volunteered at the local Department of Environmental Protection, as well as interned at the Crystal River State Park and Buffer Preserve. He has been a Discovery Channel's Young Scientist Challenge finalist and one of the Weather Channel's first Eco-Ambassadors. His most recent ecological interest has been in research; Trevor has investigated whether childhood experiences in nature translate into adult environmental activism. He has also explored the educational advantage of learning in a natural environment, a study that earned him a spot at the 2009 INTEL International Science & Engineering Fair.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 inspiring, badass women
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How to change your life by decluttering