Trevor Van Voorthuijsen
Trevor is a high school junior and is currently dual-enrolled at Central Florida Community College. Active in his community, Trevor participates in coastal clean-ups, Brazilian pepper and "air potato" pulls, and has volunteered at the local Department of Environmental Protection, as well as interned at the Crystal River State Park and Buffer Preserve. He has been a Discovery Channel's Young Scientist Challenge finalist and one of the Weather Channel's first Eco-Ambassadors. His most recent ecological interest has been in research; Trevor has investigated whether childhood experiences in nature translate into adult environmental activism. He has also explored the educational advantage of learning in a natural environment, a study that earned him a spot at the 2009 INTEL International Science & Engineering Fair.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- A glimpse into 1930s England through newlywed eyes
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- 20 uses for leftover fruit and vegetable peels
- Can you name these famous fictional animals from classic children's stories?