Trevor Van Voorthuijsen
Trevor is a high school junior and is currently dual-enrolled at Central Florida Community College. Active in his community, Trevor participates in coastal clean-ups, Brazilian pepper and "air potato" pulls, and has volunteered at the local Department of Environmental Protection, as well as interned at the Crystal River State Park and Buffer Preserve. He has been a Discovery Channel's Young Scientist Challenge finalist and one of the Weather Channel's first Eco-Ambassadors. His most recent ecological interest has been in research; Trevor has investigated whether childhood experiences in nature translate into adult environmental activism. He has also explored the educational advantage of learning in a natural environment, a study that earned him a spot at the 2009 INTEL International Science & Engineering Fair.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- How to stop a cold before it starts
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion