Valerie Wells graduated from Robert Hungerford Preparatory High School in 2005 and obtained an agricultural biotechnology degree in addition to a high school diploma. A native of Florida, she participated in the Future Farmers of America (FFA) and 4-H throughout high school. She gained an interest in forestry through FFA's forestry camp. She attends West Virginia University in Morgantown, W.V., majoring in wildlife and fisheries resources with minors in conservation ecology and environmental protection. She works for Dr. Robert Whitmore as a student assistant focused on different issues such as conservation ecology and invasive species. Valerie is also a part of The Wildlife Society Student Chapter, and she represents the club on the Davis College Student Council. She is president of the Society of Environmental Professionals. After she graduates from WVU in 2010, Valerie would like to work for the state, specifically with the Department of Natural Resources or the Department of Environmental Protection.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- How to make overnight oats
- A new Earth: 10 NASA images of planets like Earth