Valerie Wells graduated from Robert Hungerford Preparatory High School in 2005 and obtained an agricultural biotechnology degree in addition to a high school diploma. A native of Florida, she participated in the Future Farmers of America (FFA) and 4-H throughout high school. She gained an interest in forestry through FFA's forestry camp. She attends West Virginia University in Morgantown, W.V., majoring in wildlife and fisheries resources with minors in conservation ecology and environmental protection. She works for Dr. Robert Whitmore as a student assistant focused on different issues such as conservation ecology and invasive species. Valerie is also a part of The Wildlife Society Student Chapter, and she represents the club on the Davis College Student Council. She is president of the Society of Environmental Professionals. After she graduates from WVU in 2010, Valerie would like to work for the state, specifically with the Department of Natural Resources or the Department of Environmental Protection.
Valerie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why do people look like their pets? It's in the eyes.
- 11 common dietary supplements explained
- What do you call this baby animal?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- 15 fascinating facts about Houdini
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- Study: Abstaining from alcohol significantly shortens life