Valerie Wells graduated from Robert Hungerford Preparatory High School in 2005 and obtained an agricultural biotechnology degree in addition to a high school diploma. A native of Florida, she participated in the Future Farmers of America (FFA) and 4-H throughout high school. She gained an interest in forestry through FFA's forestry camp. She attends West Virginia University in Morgantown, W.V., majoring in wildlife and fisheries resources with minors in conservation ecology and environmental protection. She works for Dr. Robert Whitmore as a student assistant focused on different issues such as conservation ecology and invasive species. Valerie is also a part of The Wildlife Society Student Chapter, and she represents the club on the Davis College Student Council. She is president of the Society of Environmental Professionals. After she graduates from WVU in 2010, Valerie would like to work for the state, specifically with the Department of Natural Resources or the Department of Environmental Protection.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Nearly indestructible virus can survive boiling acid
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- What your blood type says about you
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- Paleo vs. primal diet: What's the difference?