Wendy Card is an outdoor enthusiast and naturalist. After retiring from the Navy, she founded New Bern Now, a hyper-local community website about the city of New Bern, located in Eastern North Carolina. She enjoys camping, fishing, canoeing, learning about North Carolina history, and exploring the Croatan National Forest. She plans to share information about current and future initiatives to enhance our environment and much more!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.