Wendy Card is an outdoor enthusiast and naturalist. After retiring from the Navy, she founded New Bern Now, a hyper-local community website about the city of New Bern, located in Eastern North Carolina. She enjoys camping, fishing, canoeing, learning about North Carolina history, and exploring the Croatan National Forest. She plans to share information about current and future initiatives to enhance our environment and much more!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- World's deepest fish discovered 5 miles under the ocean surface
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Meet 2014's top 10 cutest animals in science
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- Take the ultimate Christmas quiz
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'