Wendy Card is an outdoor enthusiast and naturalist. After retiring from the Navy, she founded New Bern Now, a hyper-local community website about the city of New Bern, located in Eastern North Carolina. She enjoys camping, fishing, canoeing, learning about North Carolina history, and exploring the Croatan National Forest. She plans to share information about current and future initiatives to enhance our environment and much more!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How the planets got their names
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth