Got a burning question? MNN’s got the answers.
Sure, MNN's blog team has it going on — if i do say so myself — but there’s a whole lot of awesome, informative content being published across The Mother Nature Network. Perhaps one of the most fun and info-packed non-blog areas is Ask Mother Nature, a three-times-a-week advice column. There’s a whole lot of uncertainty, curiosity, and flat-out WTF-ity that comes with sustainable living, so MNN’s advice team — Chanie Kirschner, Morieka Johnson and moi — are here to set you on the right path as best we can. That said, no eco-question is too tedious or taboo … in fact, the more left-of-field, the better.
If any of the below questions or others in the Ask Mother Nature archives bring up something that you've had on your mind and have been afraid to ask, please do.
Why in the world would I want to attract bats to my backyard?
- How can I use a cheap bottle of vodka around the house that doesn’t involve martinis?
- What’s a safe and humane way to rid my yard of moles?
- What’s an easy and inexpensive way to modify a toilet so that it conserves water?
Why is my new piece of furniture emitting a nasty odor?
- How can I find a green real estate agent?
- What in the world is in mothballs? Should I be on the lookout for safer alternatives?
- What’s the difference between cellulose sponges and all those other sponges?
- How can a home aquarium be made more environmentally friendly?
- Should I ditch my not-so-old, eco-unfriendly carpets for newer, eco-friendlier ones?
- Can I rent tools instead of buying to make a bigger eco-difference?
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.