A New Year's resolution garden
- 95 percent of respondents say that having a vegetable garden makes it easier for them to make healthy food choices. Among the reasons, respondents cited Easy Access to Fresh Foods, More Affordable than Store-Bought Produce, Better Flavor than Store-Bought Produce.
- 93 percent of respondents say that children who vegetable garden with their parents more likely to take an interest in eating vegetables compared to children who do not vegetable garden with their parents .
- 89 percent believe that growing your own produce is better for the environment than purchasing it at the grocery store.
- More than three times as many respondents said vegetable gardening was more beneficial to the environment than driving a hybrid and more beneficial than using energy-efficient appliances.
- Lose weight – Lettuce Heatwave
- Exercise – Pole Bean Blue Lake
- Save money – Tomato Supersteak
- Reduce stress – Mixed Cutting Flowers
- Steward of the environment – Monarda Bergamo
- Spend time with family – Sun Forest Sunflowers
- Better food choices – Carrot Burpee A#1
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.