How to get a 6-year-old to eat pesto
Let's face it. To a six-year-old boy, pesto looks like something someone threw up. It's bright green with darker specks. So how do you get a six-year-old to eat it? Here are the steps you need to take.
- Start about three and a half months before you plan on getting your six year old to eat it by having him help plant the seeds for the basil and parsley that will be used in the pesto.
- Have him water the seedlings and check on them every day.
- Let the boy help shovel loads of compost into trashcans from the local department of public works to bring home to dump in your garden.
- Have him help transplant the basil and parsley into the garden.
- Check on the plants and water them with him every day.
- Let him rip basil and parsley right off the plants once they have grown.
- Let him cut up his knuckles while grating the Parmesan cheese to go in the pesto.
- Have him smell each ingredient before it goes in the food processor.
- Let him turn the food processor on and off many times.
- Cook his favorite pasta.
- Put pesto on his favorite pasta.
- Watch him eat without hesitation "his" pesto.
- Smile when he's surprised he likes it.