It’s that time of year again: temperatures drop, fruitcakes exchange hands, Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas” can be heard ringing across shopping malls from Tacoma to Toledo, and end-of-the year “top lists” are published. These lists chart the good, the bad, and the ugly of just about anything you could shake a stick at in 2008 -- from the top 10 hybrid cars to the top searches on Yahoo! (Britney Spears takes the crown, not surprisingly).
A list of particular interest that doesn’t involve Ms. Spears? The folks over at BuildingGreen, publisher of Environmental Building News and the Green Spec Directory, have announced their picks for Top 10 Green Building Products of 2008. Drumroll please...
- O Ecotextiles
- The Integrity Block
- The Rainwater HOG
- Agilewaves Resource Monitor
- Benjamin Moore’s Natura Paint
- NTI’s Matrix Total Home System
- Masonite’s Safe ‘N Sound Emerald Doors
- Vermont Natural Coatings’ PolyWhey Floor Finish
- Harpiris Energy’s SunCache Solar Water Heating System
- Smith & Fong’s FSC-Certified PlybooPure Bamboo Flooring
Via [Building Green]
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.