Buying greener products is an everyday alternative that we can all easily do. I love seeing that the interest in eco-friendly products is growing. Buying recycled and recyclable products ensures there is a demand for them.
Here are some products that you can buy recycled:
- Recycled household paper products such as recycled toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, and tissues. According to the EPA , recycling one ton of paper would save enough energy to power the average American home for six months!
- Recycled office paper products such as recycled copy paper, notebook paper, folders and binders.
- Recycled aluminum foil. You can find 100 percent recycled aluminum on the grocery store shelves and speaking from experience, you can't tell any difference when you use it. Recycling aluminum uses 95 percent less energy than making aluminum from natural resources.
- Creatively recycled products. There are lots of creatively recycled products available at boutiques, flea markets and Etsy ranging from recycled glass earrings to upcycled clothing or recycled art projects.
- Reuse plastic bottles and buy concentrated formulas when possible. Concentrates like Windex® Mini concentrated refill pouch use less packaging, decrease shipping impacts and reduce waste that ends up in our nation’s landfills.
Remember that our choices really do make a difference. Complete the circle by recycling and purchasing recycled goods.
Have you seen any products lately that were recycled in a creative way or that you did not know you could be recycled?
Originally published on SCJohnson.com .