MNN's picks for the week of Feb. 1-7:
• Sorry, baby, no drilling: Interior Secretary Ken Salazar nixes the lease of 77 parcels of federal land to be used for drilling.
• As seen on TV: In Media Mayhem, Peter Dykstra applauds "60 Minutes" for it's piece on the international trade in electronic waste.
• Red + green = gold: Make your sweetheart (and Mother Nature) happy with these green Valentine's Day ideas.
• The allure of the French fry: Food blogger Jenn Savedge looks at some recent studies and finds the diet of the average American child isn't as healthy as it ought to be. No surprise there, but here are some dinner-table solutions.
• Discover your inner Jacques Cousteau: Kill a few minutes with Google Earth's virtual ocean explorer. You might learn something.
• More than a pretty face: A quick browse of Style, Naturally, a green fashion and beauty book written by Summer Rayne, who also happens to be a model.
• Green collar prophet: Meet Van Jones, the man who is single-handedly bringing the green collar economy to the American conversation.