MNN's picks for the week of April 12-18:
• Mother Nature's Greatest Hits, Vol. 1: Peter Dykstra counts down his top 20 eco-inspired songs.
• "Planet Forward": A new PBS show calls on citizen journalists to explore the earth.
• Grow a row: Read about a food bank program that's putting the abundance of backyard gardeners into the hands of those who need it most.
• He's a LEEDer: Meet Jerry Cooper, an architect whose love of the land drives his work.
• Ask Vanessa: Our answer guru tackles the topic of meat, what's in it and how its production impacts the planet.
• Marketing Captain Planet: Go behind the scenes with the producer who struggled to find the right environmental balance.
• Count your carbon: MNN offers the 15 most useful tools for shrinking your carbon footprint.