Our picks for the week of March 20-26:
• Fans of "The Fabulous Beekman Boys" will be thrilled to know that these city boys-turned-farmers are back for a second season — and they plan to create the world's largest community garden.
• Spring cleaning raises all sort of questions, like what the heck is that? Here's one to consider: how long should I keep dried spices?
• With gas prices on the rise, it's time to dispel some myths about the best times to buy gas.
• Green resolutions for regular folks mean taking up recycling or vowing to walk more, but the nine people profiled here took on yearlong green challenges that are life-changing.
• The crisis in Japan has changed focus, from rescue to recovery. Two big needs, food and shelter, were addressed in these stories about the possibility of Earthships in Japan and what you should know about food imports from that country.
• The road to successful human space flight was paved by animals. Here are eight amazing animals that have traveled in space, including Enos the chimpanzee, pictured at right.
• Our food blogger — who hasn't met a coupon she doesn't like — wonders if online deals are dictating where we eat.
• Meet Leon Godwin, a long-distance hiker, musician and photographer who also happens to be the first in an ongoing series of MNN profiles. Enjoy!
• Nothing brings out the celebrities like an animal-centric awards ceremony. Check out the Humane Society's Genesis Awards.
• Finally, you'll want to check out this infographic about how McDonald's new oatmeal offering stacks up against the stuff you make at home and against other breakfast options.
Did you miss the week in photos? You can catch up on the images here.