• While we're in travel-mode, let's go further afield to Pluto and the region beyond this dwarf planet.
• This week's book roundup offers a wide-ranging history lesson — from our relationship with water to America's most top-secret military base, Area 51.
• In about two weeks, there's a good chance you may get dinged by some annoying bank fees. Here's what you can do to avoid them.
• It's hurricane season, which means it's time to dust off the family emergency plan. (You do have an emergency plan, right?) Pet expert Morieka Johnson offers 10 smart steps to take that include the family pets.
• While we're thinking big, here are five cool jobs we wish we had — from specialty cook to green entrepreneur.
• Finally, MNN blogger Chris Turner points out the white elephant in the room when it comes to urban biking: Why is it that no one ever mentions the cars?
Plus: Don't forget to check out the week in photos, including this dazzling Sept. 11 skyline below.