• The Fox News sign (above left) is just one of 15 snarky signs from the Occupy movement around the U.S. (It's sure to end your workweek with a smirk.)
• If you never thought you'd get excited about a thermostat, read about Nest, the product of two former Apple execs with a passion to improve this simple gadget.
• Humans aren't the only intellegent creatures on the planet. (And sometimes humans aren't so smart.) Here are nine of the smartest animals on Earth.
• The tie dye space photo (top right) is part of a Halloween-inspired photo gallery worth a look: Seven images of ghostly nebulae.
• You've been bombarded with scary thoughts all week, but here's one to chew on: On Oct. 31, Earth will welcome the 7 billionth human. (How's that going to work? We wanted to know, too.)
• Honk — if you dare — as we take you on a cinematic thrill ride. These are 10 of our favorite horror films that feature "killer" cars.
• From Barack to Beiber, we shine a spotlight on eight oversized buses and the celebrities who refuse to part with them.
• Our auto blogger can be a curmudgeon when it comes to award shows, but here's one he actually cares about: the 2012 Green Car of the Year. Meet the five finalists.
• China's Hainan Island — also known as the "Hawaii of the Far East" — was once a place of exile. Travel writer Josh Lew shows you the green highlights of this exotic destination.
• And finally, blogger Matt Hickman ponders a new trend, eco-friendly concierge services
, and wonders aloud if your average bear really needs such a thing.
Plus: Don't forget to check out the week in photos, including the image above from the Pan American Games in Mexico. (You can see more great images from the event here.)
MNN week in review: Funny signs from Occupy and ghostly nebulae
Catch up on MNN's favorite environmental headlines for the week of Oct. 23, 2011, including signs from the Occupy movement, clever animals and a new thermostat