Our picks for the week of Dec. 27-Jan.2:
• Check out these stunning vistas: 10 places to visit before they vanish.
• File this on under Odd Things You Didn't Know You Needed to Know ... can I compost Great Dane poop?
• One MNN writer struggles with the difficult transformation from shopping anywhere to shopping only locally.
• The top 5 tall tales told by climate change deniers in 2009.
• Learn about Orlando Brewery's humble beginnings — a self-described hobby gone awry — and its mission to serve organic beer.
• A lot of people aspire to be green ... and sometimes it doesn't work out. Check out this gallery of great not-so-green Hollywood moments.
• Chimpanzees in the wild have created cutlery and are cutting their food into bite-sized pieces.
• Turkey to Italy: Give back the bones of Santa Claus.
• Alan Alda hangs out with the chimps for his latest show, The Human Spark.