Our picks for the week of April 25-May 1:
• Coverage of the Gulf Coast oil spill dominated the news here at MNN and elsewhere this week. We'll continue to stay on top of this story.
• Shai Agassi, electric batter changer extraordinaire, shows how quickly you can swap out an electric car battery.
• Columnist Ken Edelstein writes about a new wave of appreciation (and funding) for the nuclear industry this spring — a season typically unkind to this energy source.
• Can't figure out all the new food labels? MNN's food label guide helps you understand what it means for fish, produce and more.
• Solar isn't just for the rich and famous. Here's how you can incorporate solar power into your life for less than $500.
• Blogger Shea Gunther invites you to support Energy in Common, a site that connects microloan investors with entrepreneurs in developing countries who need help creating alternative energy solutions.
• A lunch-packing Mom wonders aloud: Would Jamie Oliver approve of my kids' lunch?
PLUS: Don't miss the week in photos, including Einstein the vulture (above) and a gorgeous spring snowfall amid the cherry blossoms in China.