Our picks for the week of Oct. 24-30:
• Jon Stewart wants to do more than restore sanity at his rally this weekend in Washington, D.C.; he's also drawing attention to the state of the National Mall.
• You don't have to spend much time in Rome to realize that eating is a major part of life there. This week's destination brings a whole new meaning to the phrase eat local.
• Who said living green has to stop at the jailhouse door? Here are 14 green places to be incarcerated.
• File this under "What will they think of next?" Kimberly-Clark tests a tube-free toilet paper.
• In her new book, "Cheap," Ellen Ruppel Shell shines a light on the ways we engage in a game of chicken with businesses that sell us our stuff.
• Here's some great advice on how to get organized for fall — before the holidays arrive.
• There has been a lot of press — and a lot of misinformation — about the Chevy Volt. Here are 5 things you need to know.
• And finally, your moment of eeeeeek!! Check out our movie-inspired infographic about bedbugs.
Plus: Don't miss the week in photos, including a ground-eye view of gorgeous poplar trees.