Our picks for the week of Aug. 15-21:
• A living fossil is an organism that has retained the same form over millions of years and looks pretty much like it did eons ago. We've got 15 examples of living fossils to share — some recognizable and some not so much.
• Ah, Paris. Traveling there is always a good idea, but here's a surprise. Did you know you can take a low-impact vacation in Paris? Here's how.
• Back across the pond, check out the Sierra Club's top 10 green college campuses.
• Our family blogger stumbled upon a tongue-in-cheek gallery of awkward breast-feeding moments and failed to see the humor. Then she posed a question: Why aren't we more supportive of breast-feeding?
• Solar power for the home just got easier — and cheaper. Check out the plug 'n' go Sunfish.
• And finally, forget the usual fare in the produce aisle. Here are 15 exotic fruits you may have never heard of — and what flavors to expect.
Plus: Don't miss the week in photos, including the image (above) of a star-forming cloud of dust and gas captured by a NASA telescope.