Our picks for the week of May 2-8:
• What does Abraham Lincoln have to do with this week's news? Find out with Ken Edelstein's gallery of 10 Republicans from another era who helped the environment.
• MNN has been keeping up with the Gulf oil spill. See the latest heartbreaking headlines and get an update on BP's capping procedure.
• In case you've lost track of the calendar, it's Mother's Day weekend. Here's a last-minute Mother's Day green gift guide.
• Here's a common issue for cooks everywhere: How do I get my family to eat healthy?
• Our auto blogger offers five predictions for the green car market.
• Green gossip of the week: Even celebrities who aren't parents can get behind this healthy kid initiative.
• 15 summer camps for kids who want an eco-friendly experience.
• Our business blogger raises a smart question: What do you think about Recovery Act funds being used to create green jobs that carry a health hazard?
• Kaiser Permanente launches its Sustainability Scorecard. Find out how the company plans to create greener medical facilities.
• Where can I buy eco-friendly toys? One of our advice columnists comes to the rescue with an answer.
PLUS: Don't miss the week in photos, including historic flooding in Nashville and a shutterbug parrot (above).