Our picks for the week of May 9-15:
• Considering what's happening in the Gulf, this is a timely photo gallery. Here are seven places transformed by disaster.
• This week's Planet Pundit column dives into the Gulf oil spill, asking is this the oil industry's Three Mile Island?
• Our car blogger spends seven days in a on-again, off-again affair with a Smart car. Curious how it worked out?
• Here's a dilemma any green-leaning shopper can understand: how to remember to bring those reusable shopping bags to the store.
• The green charter school movement has taken off. Find out what's fueling the revolution.
• Coconut water entrepreneur: Rodrigo Veloso turns farmers' discards into a sought-after product.
• What should you do if your cat has allergies? Here are some treatment solutions for pet owners.
PLUS: Don't miss the week in photos, which takes a visual tour of the Gulf oil spill but also offers insight into India's massive production of sunflower seeds (see photo above) — beautiful and interesting.