Our picks for the week of Feb. 20-26:
• If you aren't sure that getting out of debt is the right thing to do, read this post. It will get you in gear with five simple suggestions.
• See that photo on the top right? That half-cat, half-mongoose animal is the world's least-known top predator.
• If the image at right catches your eye, you'll want to check out 10 incredible images of black holes.
• This week we celebrated President's Day in the U.S. For a quick, green history lesson, read about these six eco-minded presidents.
• You might think of a photo gallery of overweight animals as the low-hanging fruit of green journalism — and you'd be right. So we added information about the signs of pet obesity and what you — the responsible pet owner — should do about it.
• Our family blogger is no-so-secretly cheering on what she hopes is a resurgence in interest in cloth diapers. Thanks to the economy, they're making a comeback.
• Love him or hate him, AccuWeather forecaster Joe Bastardi (left) pulled in the ratings. So it was a surprise earlier this week when the climate change skeptic resigned. What will AccuWeather do now?
• Not all environmental advancements are as conventional as green roofs and electric cars. Here are 15 inventions that are definitely green — and definitely a little strange.
Plus: Don't miss the week in photos, including an image of researchers in China who are going to great lengths to convince a panda cub that they are momma pandas.