Our picks for the week of July 31-Aug. 6:
• Sometimes before a storm arrives, or sometimes out of the blue, rare "roll clouds" like the one above command attention as they float ominously overhead. Here are nine striking roll cloud photos — plus an explanation of what they are and why they're so cool.
• The eyes at the top of this story belong to a loris rescued in China. See more amazing faces in the July month in animals.
• MNN's Siel Ju goes behind the scenes of a Target commercial to learn how EcoSet makes a green commercial.
• Shark Week is winding down, but we've got a few thrills left. Here are seven hot spots for cage-diving.
• There are small towns, and then there are tiny towns. Check out 12 places where your visit could double the population.
• Want to help your dog beat the heat? Here are 20 creative, safe and cool treats you can make for your pooch.
• Matt Hickman, expert on all things home, spells out the difference between biodynamic and organic wines.
• These 20 impressive science fair projects are proof that you don't have to be an adult to have amazing, world-changing ideas about science.
• A cake controversy in New Jersey raises a question that any local business-loving person can appreciate: Where do you draw the line on supporting local businesses?
• If you're trying to add more veggies to your diet, we're here to help. Here are five simple ways to cook veggies.
Plus: Don't forget to check out the week in photos. (Can you identify what's in the photo below?)