Our picks for the week of July 24-30:
• [skipwords]Google[/skipwords] Plus is the newest social network, and here are some tips and tricks to get you started.
• In honor of Shark Week — which begins at 9 p.m. on July 31 — here are 10 movies other than "Jaws" that won't make you feel any safer in the water.
• A nonprofit group says consumers should view this popular summer food as a health risk on par with cigarettes.
• Ready to be creeped out? Check out 10 creatures that deliver the most painful bites and stings.
• Who blinks the most: babies, men, women or hamsters? Check out these six eye-opening facts about blinking.
• Blogger Chris Turner has a word of advice for the climate change pundits: Don't mention the weather.
• We humans require water — and lots of it. So much that sometimes we come up with ingenious ways to divert it, but it doesn't always work out too well. That's the culprit behind most of these seven bodies of water that are drying up.
• Our pet expert tackled a sensitive topic this week: How to help an elderly person keep a beloved pet — and keep all parties safe.
• And finally, if you've got a few extra dollars, there's a fantastic ranch for sale in Jackson Hole, Wyo. The price? A mere $175 million.
Plus: Don't forget to check out the week in photos. (But be warned: you'll need to come up with a few new ways to say, "Cute!")