• When gas creeps past $4 a gallon, sane thinking goes out the door. (Be honest: how far would you drive to save a nickel on a gallon of gas?) Auto blogger Jim Motovalli explains the odd psychology of fuel prices.
• Here's something you probably haven't seen before: A Dutch artist has perfected the science of creating real indoor clouds. It's dreamy stuff.
• The Intel Science Talent Search is one of most prestigious contests for high school students. Meet a group of young scientists who focused their projects on medical issues. You'll be impressed, we promise.
• Felines can be sublime, difficult, cuddly ... and downright frightening. Don't miss this compilation of eight of the scariest cats on YouTube.
• The clock is ticking down to the 2012 Olympic Games. Find out how London is going for environmental gold.
• And finally, we've gotta ask: Have you done your [skipwords]taxes[/skipwords] yet? Before you stomp off in an angry huff, read these nine nutty but legit tax write-offs. (It won't make the task any less painful, but laughing might help.)
Visual pop: Do you like the ornament-like image of the swimmer (above)? Learn more about it and check out our archive of Big Snapshots, images we just had to share.