There's nothing like snuggling up with your baby to read a book. It's a great way to relax, boost your baby's brain power, and introduce her to language and concepts from the world around her. So this is a great time to read her books that teach her about the environment and her connection to the natural world. Eco-savvy books can help spark your baby's interest in her planet, and why we need to protect it. So go on...grab a book, grab your baby, and snuggle in for one of these great green reads.
- The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss, Random House Books for Young Readers, August 1971
- The Great Kapok Tree: A Tale of the Amazon Rain Forest, by Lynne Cherry, Sandpiper, March 2000
- Over in the Jungle: A Rainforest Rhyme, by Marianne Berkes, Dawn Publications, March 2007
- If I Ran the Rain Forest: All About Tropical Rain Forests, by Bonnie Worth, Random House Books for Young Readers, April 2003
- Eco Babies Wear Green, by Michelle Sinclair Colman Ten Speed Press, March 2009
- Babies in the Bayou by Jim Arnosky, Penguin Group, January 2007
- Little Monkey, by Kimberly Ainsworth, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, September 2008