Two scraps of red fabric, cut fit to box, for theater curtains
Four 6-inch pieces of string or ribbon, to tie curtains back.
Twenty old buttons for puppet eyes
Thread and needles
Any scraps of old jeans, shirts, sweaters, fabric lying around at home
1) Staple red curtains to top of theater box.
2) Staple two curtain ties to each side of box (when scene opens, pull each curtain to side and secure with two ties).
3) Sew buttons onto socks for eyes.
4) Use fabric/clothing/ribbon scraps to sew/staple together capes, jackets, pants, hats, etc. for puppets.
5) Get creative. Use whatever's around to decorate puppets. Shells, sea glass, old beads, tin foil scraps, yarn for hair, felt scraps, old play jewelry, etc.