I am still playing with the cherry simple syrup I made earlier this month. I decided to see what I could do with it and some homemade limoncello. The two together were too sweet so I decided to put them together with some citrus vodka and I started to have something. My creation was both sweet and sour, but it needed a little something more. Enter a dash of bitters.
I named this week's cocktail a Cherry Sweet and Sour Fizz. The sweet is from the limoncello and the cherry simple syrup. The sour is from the limoncello and fresh squeezed lime. The fizz is from a little club soda.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
Cherry Sweet and Sour
- 1 1/2 oz citrus vodka
- 1 1/2 oz limoncello
- 1 1/4 oz cherry simple syrup
- 3/4 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- Lemon club soda
- Lemon or lime wedges for garnish
- Add the vodka, limoncello, simple syrup, and lime juice into a shaker. Add ice.
- Shake until chilled.
- Pour into a tall glass filled halfway with ice.
- Add bitters and club soda to top. Stir gently.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge, if desired.
Related on MNN:
- Cherry Lemon Shandy
- Backyard Picnic Bradford: A foraged cocktail
- Tropical Island Cocktail: Almost like being there