I’m so glad the weekend is here. It’s been a long week of snow, school being closed, and lots of writing. I’m really looking forward to Friday night pizza and a glass of wine. (Although it will be only one slice of pizza and one glass of wine now that I’m on a diet.) I’ve got that glass of wine on my mind, so I thought I’d do a little wine roundup for you today.
- The Los Angeles times is asking the question Why isn’t more wine organic? Seems some sustainable wine producers want added sulfites allowed in USDA certified organic wine.
- National Geographic has a piece about the Earliest known winery found in Armenian cave. They’ve got pictures of what is believed to be a wine press and a fermentation vat along with the details of the uncovered find.
- 1 Wine Dude is going to be taking a look at biodynamic wines over the next couple of week with his series Biodynamics: Hoax or Heroics? Get Prepared to Hear the Debate!
- Here on MNN, check out In vino veritas: Wine cups tell history of Athenian life. An archeologist traces the history of ancient Athens through the evolution of wine cups used at drinking parties called symposia.
- And, don't miss our slide show on 8 eco-friendly East Coast wineries.
Image: Matt Callow