First off, my weight loss update - I am now in the proud possession of a 10-pound ribbon from Weight Watchers. I lost an additional 2.6 pounds when I stepped on the scale this week, bringing my total to -10.8 pounds.
My weigh in should be interesting next week considering the fact that I’m heading to New York City this weekend, and I’ll be spending much of tomorrow afternoon exploring Eataly. I’ll have photos and all sorts of info for you next week about our country’s largest Italian eating emporium. Couple that with a Super Bowl party Sunday night, and sticking to my diet is going to be a challenge.
Speaking of the Super Bowl, this week’s weekend reads are all about this Sunday night’s football game between Steelers and the Packers.
- If you want a little fried food along with all those healthy dips you’ll be making for your Super Bowl party, you might want to try fried Wisconsin Cheese Curds in honor of the Green Bay Packers.
- The Fun Times Guide has advice on how to throw a green Super Bowl party.
- Beer is a must at Super Bowl parties, and Organic Authority has a list of 8 Organic, Gluten-Free beers for Super Bowl Sunday.
- Obamafoodorama has the story of a Pittsburgh brewing company that’s lobbying the White House to have its beer served at President Obama’s Super Bowl party. Apparently, the President already has some beer ordered from a Green Bay brewery.
- Finally, MNN’s home blogger Matt shows off a variety of green bowls to put your healthy Super Bowl snacks in for you guests.
Image: Matt Callow