Iced Chai Tea
- 4 cups filtered water
- 10 cardamom pods
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 black tea bags
- 2 cups milk, chilled
- 1 cookie stick, optional garnish
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes to allow cooling
- Bring water to a boil in saucepan.
- While water heats, lightly grind cardamom, pepper, cloves and cinnamon with mortar and pestle. Add spices to water.
- Remove water from heat. Add ginger, sugar and tea. Steep for 5 minutes, squeezing out liquid before removing tea bags. Strain contents into pitcher. Allow to cool, about 30 minutes. Add milk and stir.
- Pour chai into glasses over ice.
Yield: Makes 1 pitcher