Jamaican Hibiscus Tea
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 heaping tablespoons dried hibiscus flowers
- 2 heaping tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- Handful ice
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- Bring water to boil in saucepan, about 5 minutes.
- Combine next 3 ingredients in a French press coffee maker. Add boiling water. Steep 15 minutes until water turns dark magenta. Press plunger to filter ingredients. Allow to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Pour tea into glasses over ice. Add lime.
Yield: Makes 4-6 cups