For spring: Mango Pineapple Smoothie
Tropical fruits remind us that warmer weather is around the corner while the Northern Hemisphere shakes off the chill.
- 1 cup whole pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/2 banana, previously peeled and frozen
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces vanilla soy milk
- 2 tablespoons light agave nectar or honey
- 2 cubes pineapple, optional garnish
Total time: 10 minutes
- Combine pineapple, mango, ice cubes, banana and yogurt. Process in blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Add soy milk to thin and agave nectar to sweeten.
Yield: Makes 2 smoothies