As the name implies, Old-Fashioned cocktails have stood the test of time. The original cocktail called for water, sugar, bitters and spirits — that's all. The simplicity of the drink allows you to mix and match.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 1/2 tray ice
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye
- 1 teaspoon grenadine syrup or 1 cube sugar
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 3 ounces club soda, or to taste
- 1 orange peel
- Combine the bourbon, syrup and bitters in a sealable glass container filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into a short glass with filled with ice. Top with club soda.