I recently asked some of my favorite food bloggers for the top dishes they liked to make on a busy day. So many of us have children still at home, so the only way to make healthy eating happen is to turn to dishes that are simple to prepare, family-friendly, and frugal. That's the kind of recipes they shared, and with each one, my mouth watered more!
Here at MNN, you can also find these 7 easy vegetarian meals, and find a lot of tips and recipes here for nourishing meal ideas. One of the easy meals that I've made countless times is this Quinoa and Chicken Crockpot Soup. But the list below contain even more recipes to add to my growing list.
Photo: Kitchen Stewardship
1. Katie from Kitchen Stewardship shares a slow cooker meal, with one of her favorites: Slow Cooker Recipe for Cabbage Unrolls. This dish tastes just like stuffed cabbage rolls but is layered instead for full flavor but a quick prep time. (Quick prep time is always a plus.)
3. Wardee from Gnowfglins shared this recipe for a Spanish Tortilla with Salmon (using an egg tortilla, not the Mexican flat bread tortilla.) It uses a frugal source of protein and comes together in a flash.
4. Stephanie from Keeper of the Home shared two recipes: one for Salmon Cakes that everyone likes — even those who don’t think they like fish — plus a Simple Tomato Soup. These recipes are fast, frugal and family-friendly.
Photo: Don't Waste the Crumbs
7. At Nourishing Simplicity, Katie keeps it easy, simple, but flavorful with this Spanish-Inspired Open Sandwich. There is no shame in serving sandwiches for dinner, especially if they are as delicious as this one.
Photo: Just Making Noise
10. Erin from The Humbled Homemaker shared her husband's favorite dinner item – Gluten-free Fried Drumsticks. They are easy to make, she told me, but they do take a little time. Fried chicken is so worth it though, don’t you think? Especially when you know that your family is going to love it, and chicken drumsticks are a very frugal choice of meat!
What recipe would you add to the list? I'd love to hear!
Related on MNN:
- 5 easy-to-make soups
- Easy and healthy meals for a busy season
- 6 ways to get dinner on the table faster