My friend Susan and I were cleaning up after a birthday party she had for her daughter on Saturday, and she had quite a few store-bought hamburger and hot dog buns leftover. She looked at me and said, “What can I do with these?”
“Well,” I said, “You could make bread pudding or overnight French toast or garlic bread…” and I proceeded to tell her about my 12 ideas for using leftover burger buns post.
Then she turned to a plate full of well-cooked burgers that were leftover. “What can I do with these?” We both agreed they could be reheated and eaten again as burgers, but they’re never the same the second time around. So I told Susan to tune in today, and I’d have some ideas for her.
As it turns out, I found lots of ideas from creative people about using leftover cooked hamburgers. Not all of them are super healthy or low fat, but if you don’t want the burgers to go to waste, there are options.
- Crumble and use in tacos or quesadilla.
- Make my mom’s version of spaghetti and meat. Crumble the hamburger up and heat it in spaghetti sauce for a while. Then serve over spaghetti.
- Season with picante sauce, crumble, and add to greens, shredded cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and olives for a taco salad. (via Jenny P on Yahoo Answers)
- Crumble and mix with sauteed onion, green pepper, cooked rice, tomato sauce and use to stuff green peppers. Top with shredded cheese, cover and bake until peppers are tender. (via Jenny P on Yahoo Answers)
- Crumble up and mix with sloppy joe sauce (via Pilgrim 719 on Community Cooking)
- Put them on a baguette with some grilled onion/pepperoncini with marinara and melted provolone — like a meatball sub (via Rando on Foodie Forums)
- Crumble and use as a topping on homemade pizza (via Falconinburgundy on The Dollar Stretcher)
- Turn them into Salisbury Steak — Top 4 leftover beef patties with a gravy made from 3 tbsp. flour, 2 T butter, 1 cup beef broth, 1 onion, sliced, 1 package of fresh mushroom, cleaned and sliced and 1 T Worcestershire sauce. (Via Divvy 23 on Yahoo Answers)
- Crumble them and add to chili. (via Waitressno119 on Taste of Home)
- Make hamburger wontons (via Salsarose on Taste of Home)