Pumpkin season is upon us and while some resent the intrusion, I embrace it! In celebration of fall and the pumpkin season, here are some noteworthy recipes that utilize this delicious ingredient.
Paleo and Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte (Photo: Kimi Harris)
For the sweet tooth:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: Need I say more? This sounds like a delicious way to eat pumpkin!
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding: A fun take on an old fashioned treat
- 10 recipes for pumpkin pie: Included in this list are some of my personal favorites. Pumpkin pie is so delicious, you should definitely enjoy it more than once a year, and why not try out different variations, or pumpkin pie ice cream?
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix: If you run out of pumpkin spice mix, here is how to make your own!
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies: Yet another cookie featuring pumpkin.
- Paleo & Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte: This is the best tasting pumpkin latte I’ve made so far. I am in love with it!
- Pumpkin Turnovers: A Mexican recipe that this American wants to try.
Main dish recipes:
- This Vegan Pumpkin Ravioli is one delicious way to highlight pumpkin in a main dish.
- These five pumpkin recipes can be used for main dishes for a variety of meals (think Pumpkin Pie Smoothies, Pumpkin Fritters, and more)
- Pumpkin and Cashew Curry: Even curry takes on pumpkin with grace and style
- Sugar Pumpkin, Feta, and Cilantro Quesadillas: A savory, full-flavored meal.
- Pumpkin, Pancetta, and Potato Hash. This simple dish has promise of being well-balanced with salty, sweet and savory.
Roasted Pumpkin Soup (Photo: Leslie Durso)
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup: A savory take on pumpkin.
- Speaking of soups, this Spiced Pumpkin Soup sounds amazing!
- Pumpkin Shrimp Bruschetta: A fall-ish take on a classic combo.
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese: For the kids and grown-ups alike.
- Roasted Pumpkin, Arugula, and Dried Cherry Salad: A refreshing take on pumpkin that is perfect for a side.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (Photo: Ashley Chase)
- Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal: This version not only adds interest to your usual bowl of oatmeal, but the pumpkin actually adds nutrition as well!
- This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie could be a delicious way to start the day. (I’d use coconut milk instead of the evaporated milk.)
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie #2: This recipe is great for a snack, as it’s lower in calories, and fills in the gap in between meals.
- Pumpkin Walnut Pancakes and Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes: What better way to wake up to a fall day?