I'm about to relive my childhood when Kermit, Missy Piggy, Gonzo and the rest of "The Muppets" return to TV on Sept. 22. The Muppets are back, and in the new show, they'll be going behind the scenes of Miss Piggy's fictional late-night talk show, where they cut to interviews with the gang as they go about their jobs. In the trailer, Kermit describes it as "sort of an adult Muppets show."
All of the Muppets from the original are returning, including the Swedish Chef, the lovable, mostly unintelligible cook who takes a completely unconventional approach to the kitchen. In the new prime-time show, he's the head of craft services. But before landing this new gig, he gained almost 40 years of experience cooking for the Muppets and various celebrities.
Take a look at a few of my favorite Swedish Chef moments:
1. The time he cooked with his uncle, Danny Kay:
2. The time he made pie using a Bazooka:
3. The time he joined the rest of the Muppets in a "Bohemian Rhapsody" cover:
4. The time he went trendy and made poutine:
5. The time he went even trendier and competed against Gordon Ramsay in a food truck Food Fight:
Do you have a favorite Swedish Chef moment?