I love asparagus for many reasons. First, it is a healthy vegetable — it has many antioxidants, vitamins (like vitamin K), and fiber. But it is also delicious served as a side, or when used as a star ingredient in many spring dishes. I wasn't a big fan of asparagus until I started roasting it, but then I really fell in love with it. We have had a happy relationship since as I have experimented using it in many different recipes.
The following recipes may help you fall in love with asparagus yourself, if you haven't already.
1. Simple Asparagus Soup: Watch this video to learn how to make a quick and easy creamy asparagus soup.
2. Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Sauce and Mushrooms: This is one of my all-time favorite ways to prepare asparagus. I could eat it every day for a month easily.
3. Grilled Asparagus with Onions: Like roasting, asparagus does well when grilled as it draws out the sweeter flavors.
4. Asparagus Soup with Gremolata:Another simple soup, but with a tangy addition of a gremolata on top. This simple addition adds so much flavor to an otherwise mild soup!
5. Asparagus Guacamole: If you are looking for an unusual way to make asparagus, why not try this version of guacamole?
6. Shaved Raw Asparagus with Lemon Dressing: This raw asparagus salad sounds so refreshing and delicious!
7. Spring Vegetable Pappardelle: This dish would make a fine celebration of spring.
And one more to try: Mushroom-Asparagus Frittata