I used crimini mushrooms in my sauce. They are darker and richer in flavor than regular white button mushrooms, but button mushrooms would have worked fine for this, too. I also used one of my cooking prep shortcuts and used jarred minced garlic instead of fresh. As I’ve said before, when I’m trying to throw together a meal on a weeknight, I usually reach for jarred garlic instead of fresh.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time:35 minutes
- *chicken breasts
- olive oil
- garlic pepper
- sliced onions
- sliced mushrooms
- Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to a hot pan on medium to medium-high heat
- Add onions to the pan and sauté for 5-8 minutes (until slightly brown and tender)
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 30 seconds
- Add sage, salt and garlic pepper
- Add 1/2 cup of cream to the vegetable mixture
- Put the pan on high heat and cook for about five minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken breasts and enjoy!
Take a look at Chef A as show prepares this easy, creamy mushroom chicken. You may just find yourself making it for dinner tonight, too.