Parsnips, according to Chef A, are kind of like a cross between a carrot and a potato with a light hint of ginger flavor. They are high in dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, manganese, and potassium. It seems like Chef A really knows how to choose the power foods for her soups.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time:40 minutes
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3-4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp curry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- In a large soup pot, add olive oil, carrots, parsnips, onion, garlic and ginger
- Cook the vegetables over medium to medium-high head for 5-8 minutes (or until tender)
- Check to see if the vegetables are "fork tender" (see video)
- Add the chicken (or vegetable) stock to the pot
- Bring up to a boil and let cook for 10 minutes
- Add the curry seasoning, salt and pepper
- Ladle the soup into a blender
- Add the cream and blend until the soup is smooth
- Pour the soup into a bowl and top with cilantro and sour cream, enjoy!
Like her other soups, this is one that takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Take a look.