It is almost the Fourth of July, and most of us in the U.S. are experiencing hot weather. It has actually been overcast and drizzling the last few days here in Oregon, but our weather forecast for the Fourth is somewhat promising. Regardless, the celebrations will go on! I like to make food for parties that is delicious and made with natural ingredients.
Here are a couple of ideas for both at-home celebrations or to bring along to a party.
- Old-Fashioned Caramel Corn: This easy recipe is always a hit at parties. It is both "snack-y" and sweet at the same time.
- Chocolate Banana Freezer Cake: This ice-y treat is perfect for hot weather.
- Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes: These coconut-flour cupcakes were created for a Fourth of July celebration with my daughter.
- Strawberry Fool: A rich, delicious treat that is super fast to make. You could make it with any berry you like!
- Homemade Marshmallows: Why not cut these out in star shapes?
- Fruit Gelatin: You won't miss Jello with this delicious fruit-juice version.
- Avocado, Apple and Cilantro Salad: This is a refreshing salad. Since apple isn't in season right now, why not trade it out for another fruit?
- Thai Salad: Spicy and flavorful
- Mexican Quinoa Salad: A household favorite
- Persian Watermelon Rose Salad: A twist using old-fashioned flavors
- Summer Kale Salad: A hearty and simple dish