Combine chutney with baked yams for a sweet-and sour veggie combo that will feel at home in English gardens and Indian tables.
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 Fuji apples, stemmed, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ounces cider vinegar
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2 ounces raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.5 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoon powdered nutmeg
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Heat oil in large saucepan. Sautéing onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the cranberries, orange juice and zest. Stir for about 10 minutes.
As the cranberries begin to pop, add the remaining ingredients, stirring frequently until the extra liquid evaporates and the sauce begins to congeal, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat; refrigerate overnight up to two weeks.
Yield: Serves 6