- 2.5 lbs mixed potatoes (red, yellow, fingerling — whatever)
- 2 medium sized beets
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (I like veganaise)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 or 2 grated radishes (optional)
- as much fresh dill as you want, or dried if you can't get fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste ground pepper to taste
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 2 hrs
Total time: 2 hrs 20 min
Preheat over to 400°F. Wash and chop potatoes into desired size. Toss with olive oil and and roast for 50-60 minutes. Peel and chop beets. Toss with olive oil and roast for 40 minutes. Wash the green beans and chop into thirds. Toss with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes. Take everything out and let it cool a little.
While the vegetables are roasting prepare the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise substitute, mustard, vinegar, radishes (if using), dill and salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables, making sure to coat evenly. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Be sure to stir well before serving.
Story by Nicole Solomon. This article originally appeared in Plenty in November 2008. The story was added to MNN.com.
Also on MNN:
(all vegan recipes)